The day started out like any other day. Its was a mild June afternoon with a light breeze blowing across the yard at the library. It was a small yard, but it was just big enough to have knights warring over the right to be king of the library. It was just a mock battle for the summer reading program “A Midsummer’s Night Read”, but little did I know, that this was just the beginning of what is turning out to be a really weird day.
It all started when I walked into the front doors …
...and was greeted by a fairy. This was no little Tinkerbell kind of fairy either. This fairy was 5'6 and she looked like she was flustered by something. I asked her what was wrong and if I could help and she glanced around the lobby anxiously before leaning close and saying, “I’m afraid something most horrible is about to happen.” I asked what and she continued whispering, “There is a book-eating dragon loose upstairs and all the knights are distracted with their battle outside so there’s no one to stop the dragon from eating all our books!” I felt my eyes go wide when I heard this and…
ReplyDeleteby Tiera Aubrey
said “we have to stop it immediately!” I ran to the Fantasy section in the adult area, knowing I had recently seen a book on dragons there. Hopefully, it would tell us what to do about this particular kind of dragon! I pulled it off the shelf. There, on the back page, was the book eating dragon. It's picture was terrifying! It was black as night, with hideous red eyes. In its claw was clutched a half eaten book that had smoke coming off of its edges. But it did tell us what we needed to do. We had to............
ReplyDeletefind a magical charm hidden deep in the library. It was only with this charm that the dragon could be defeated. “Oh, great!” I thought to myself. “I have papers piling up on my desk, and now I have to go on a quest through the library. Meanwhile, a hideous dragon is eating all my books!” I knew then that it was not going to be my day. I shook my head. It shouldn't have been to difficult. I mean, I do know the library pretty well. The book said that the charm was broken into four pieces, a golden holder and three gems. An ancient spell was put on them to keep them from getting into the wrong hands. A map of the library would be useful, so we decided to head to the Genealogy section, when...
ReplyDeleteby Jennifer Bryant
an older man that was watching everything transpire with very knowledgeable eyes, came over to me and said, "Perhaps I can be of some help?" and he handed over the VERY map I was looking for! I looked at him in wonder and asked, "How...who...are...you?" He smiled kindly and said...
ReplyDelete